You've probably come to this page because you are hoping to acquire a Bernese Mountain Dog - now or perhaps in the future.
We have endeavored to provide you with information and resources to help you:
- Determine if a Bernese Mountain Dog is right for you and your family
- Learn the right and the wrong ways to find a Bernese Mountain Dog
- Learn all of the great things about Bernese Mountain Dogs and also learn about the health and other problems which affect our breed
- Understand terminology such as OFA, GDC, CERF
- Learn how to interpret a pedigree and to use the database tools available
We welcome Bernese owners and admirers to join us at any of our many fun events. Anyone may join, whether you own a Berner at this time or not! Advantages of joining a breed club before having a dog include being able to meet dogs from many different breeders, meeting breeders themselves, and finding out more about the breed. You’ll learn more in one afternoon spent with 30 Berners than you will from any internet search! And for anyone already living with a Berner, the club provides a wonderful support network to share in your joys and successes as well as any problems or challenges you may encounter.
Please check out our Calendar page for a list of upcoming club events. You can also subscribe to our Newsletter, The Berner Beat, which is published six times per year and provides a wealth of information.
While the Bernese Mountain Dog Club of Northern California neither recommends nor endorses any one individual, the Club does offer a listing of member-breeders and their available puppies as a service to the public. You can contact our Breeder Referral Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org.